We crave your support in prayer more than anything else.

However, we know from experience that the Spirit prompts us to action. And if the Spirit prompts you to give, we want have set this site up to make it easier for you to follow that prompting.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Prayers for the Week

This week has a few milestones in it:
(in order of occurrence)
1. Gideon begins preschool at Carpenter's Kids. (Tuesday)
2. JR and I celebrate 4 years of marriage. (Thursday)
3. JR turns 30! (Friday)

In addition to the milestones, JR has a term paper due on his birthday which is taking up a LOT of his already stretched-to-the-max time. Rehearsals for "Scrooge" kick into full gear. And, thankfully, I have been contracted to work in conjunction with Think Advertising (Mat Faulkner's company) to cover an event opening (Thursday) as a photographer. Friday JR and I are leaving the kids behind with my parents and sneaking away to my uncle Wayne's cabin for a 24 hr. "retreat/anniversary/b-day" get-away.

Actually, my uncle's timing with his offer to let us use the cabin was providential in itself. While he was leaving me a message about offering it, JR and I were talking about how for our anniversary we just wanted to find a place to get away. I even said, "I'm not talking expensive here... I mean, like asking if someone has a cabin on a lake we can spend a night in." (and that's exactly what we are doing. God is awesome even in the small things. :)

So those are the things we are praying about this week in regards to our family.

Thanks for praying for us.

No comments: